Customizing the User Interface
The Zero-K UI can be customized. To do this:
- Start a game (skirmish, preferrably) and open the game menu by clicking Menu (F10) or by pressing F10.
- Find the Simple settings check box and click to remove the check mark.
- Search for Show Advanced Settings (or navigate to Settings/Misc) and remove the check mark from that option.
- Under Settings/HUD Presets, untick the following:
- Stay up to date,
- Reset on screen resolution change.
- Make sure that Set To Default Once option is unticked.
- Set UI preset to None.
You can now tweak the UI to your liking in Settings/HUD Panels and Interface
Panels can be visually arranged by pressing Ctrl + F11. They turn to green boxes that can be moved around the screen. When finished rearranging the panels, press Esc to return to normal view.