Drive giant robots, build an army of a thousand Fleas, move mountains if needed, bury the enemy at all cost!
- Real time strategy.
- Physically simulated units and projectiles.
- Terrain manipulation.
- 100+ varied units with unique abilities.
- Singleplayer campaign.
- Challenging, non-cheating AI.
- Multiplayer 1v1 - 16v16, FFA, coop.
- Multiplayer online campaign.
- Really free, no in-game currency, no unfair multiplayer.
Fully Utilized Physics
Simulated unit and projectile physics is used to a level rarely found in a strategy game.
- Use small nimble units to dodge slow moving projectiles.
- Hide behind hills that block weapon fire, line of sight and radar.
- Toss units across the map with gravity guns.
- Transport a battleship to a hilltop - for greater views and gun range.
Manipulate the Terrain
The terrain itself is an ever-changing part of the battlefield.
- Wreck the battlefield with craters that bog down enemy tanks.
- Dig canals to bring your navy inland for a submarine-in-a-desert strike.
- Build ramps, bridges, entire fortress if you wish.
- Burn your portrait into continental crust using the planetary energy chisel.
Singleplayer Campaign and Challenging AI
Enjoy many hours of single player and coop fun with our campaign, wide selection of non-cheating AIs and a survival mode against an alien horde.
- Explore the galaxy and discover technologies in our singleplayer campaign.
- Face a challenging AI that is neither brain-dead nor a clairvoyant cheater.
- Have some coop fun with friends, surviving waves of chicken-monsters.
- Cloaking? Resurrection? Tough choices customizing your commander.
Casual and Competitive Multiplayer
Zero-K was built for multiplayer from the start, this is where you can end up being hooked for a decade.
- Enjoying epic scale combat? Join our 16v16 team battles!
- Looking for a common goal? Fight AIs or waves of chicken-monsters.
- Prefer dancing on a razor's edge? Play 1v1 in ladder and tournaments.
- Comebacks, betrayals, emotions always running high in FFA.
- Want to fight for a bigger cause? Form a clan and join PlanetWars, competitive online campaign with web-game strategic elements, diplomacy and backstabbing.
Power to the People
We are RTS players at heart, we work for nobody. We gave ourselves the tools we always wanted to have in a game.
- Do what you want. No limits to camera, queue or level of control.
- Paint a shape, any shape, and units will move to assume your formation.
- Want to spend more time on tactics? Use construction priorities.
- Want to focus on economy? Order units to kite, strafe or zig zag bullets.
Plenty of Stuff to
Zero-K is a long term project and it shows, millions hours of proper multiplayer testing and dozens of people contributing ever expanding content.
- Learn to use all of our 100+ units and play on hundreds of maps.
- Invent the next mad team-tactics to shock enemies and make allies laugh.
- Combine cloaking, teleports, shields, jumpjets, EMP, napalm, gravity guns, black hole launchers, mind control and self-replication.
- Tiny flea swarm that clings to walls?
Jumping "cans" with steam-spike?
Buoys that hide under water to ambush ships?
Mechs that spew fire and enjoy being tossed from air transports?
Carrier with cute helicopters?
Jumping Jugglenaut with dual wielding gravity guns?
Meet them in Zero-K!
1v1 Tournament April 25th 2020
Zero-K v220.127.116.11 - Lobster, Storage and Saves
This patch also include a fix for campaign savegames and a tweak to energy distribution that makes make storages less bad in large teamgames. There are small nerfs for the Hover and Gunship raiders, Raptor is a bit more responsive, and land units are less slow in shallow water.
- Further improved terrain rendering performance.
- Fixed a save/load bug that is especially relevant for campaign missions.
- Fixed starting construction inside unseen enemy units and structures.
Storages no longer preferentially 'drain' energy shared from other players. The energy redistribution system treats everyone as having at most 300 free energy storage, provided that no energy would be excessed under this assumption.
- Range 285 -> 270
- Shotgun damage reduced by 11.5%
- Only able to fire when on the ground or in water.
- Reload Time 8.5s -> 9s
- Increased aim speed.
- Simplified some flight logic.
- Cost 75 -> 80
- Slow damage 140 -> 105
- Health 1320 -> 1260
- Damage 600 -> 620
- Speed 2.5 -> 2.35
- Range 280 -> 300
- Fixed tactical AI.
- Health 3750 -> 4000
- Range 355 -> 360
- Fixed tactical AI.
- Health 860 -> 800
- Range 270 -> 260
- Aim Tolerance 180 -> 150
- DPS reduced by 2.5%
- Combat speed 50% -> 35%
- Combat turn speed 200% -> 286%
- Slowdown restore delay 250ms -> 150ms
- Acceleration increased 10%
Land units are faster in shallow water:
- Depth 3, 0.82 -> 0.92
- Depth 6, 0.70 -> 0.82
- Depth 9, 0.61 -> 0.71
- Depth 15, 0.49 -> 0.52
- Depth 21, 0.40 -> 0.38
- Cerberus no longer fires through terrain.
- Cockatrice spores no longer ignore shields.
- Fixed the values in the space+click information for shield damage boosters.
- Fixed Z-fighting on Gunship Plant.
- Moved the rotation-centre of most models to make them rotate around their centre of mass (instead of their feet) when flying through the air.
- Fixed Ripper suspension becoming confused while flying through the air.
- Fixed units repairing launched Missile Silo missiles.
- Fixed the sun on SailAway. Added support for overriding sun direction.
Zero-K v18.104.22.168 - Engine Update
Along with the engine update we have fixed a few issues from v22.214.171.124. The elo options in !proposebattle now work and there is a larger teams matchmaker. Lingering Lobster bugs are gone and Crab has some additional fixes.
- Map rendering is much faster. This should be especially noticeable on lower-spec computers.
- Nanoframes no longer decloak. As a side effect terraform construction points are no longer placed far underground.
- Fixed the minelo and maxelo options in !proposebattle.
- Split the 2v2 - 4v4 matchmaker queue into 2v2 - 3v3 and 4v4 - 6v6.
- Fixed Lobster throw bugs and unreliability. The improvements of v126.96.36.199 are now properly live.
- Hacked around Crab uncurling issues to make the bug less common.
- Units no longer run away from economic structure AoE if the structure is in a hole.
- Fixed some map trees having unintentionally low energy values.
- Added compatibility for some maps that set the energy values and reclaim time of trees too high.
Zero-K v188.8.131.52 - Terraform and Battle Proposals
The patch boasts two new systems. The first is a battle proposal system which aims to solve many of the coordination issues involved with hosting a game. The second is a terraform keybinding system to make terraforming easier than ever. To counterbalance it there are some tweaks that make it easier for units to shoot into holes.
Sometimes you may want to organise a battle but find the public hosts a bit chaotic and the matchmaker a bit impersonal. To address this there is a new battle proposal system that combines the coordination of a matchmaker and customisation of a room. If there is enough interest we might even write a proper UI.
- Type '!proposebattle' anywhere in the lobby to propose a battle.
- Other players can click the text to accept the proposal.
- When enough players accept the proposal a game is hosted and the other players automatically join.
- '!proposebattle' can be followed by the parameters minelo, maxelo, minsize and maxsize. For example '!proposebattle maxelo=1600 minsize=6 maxsize=6' would propose a six player game for players with rating (maximum of teams and MM) below 1600.
- The host of the battle can use commands as usual. '!password' can be used to make the game public and !type' can be used to select different game modes.
- DPS increased by 2%.
- Cost 170 -> 175
- Damage 30 -> 25
- Slow damage 90 -> 75
- No longer fires underwater.
- Speed 48 -> 45
- Turn rate reduced by 12.5% (still 5% more than pre-Superfluid)
We are leaning into the low-manoeuvrability aspect of Hovercraft now that there is more room at the low end of the scale.
- Dagger turn rate reduced by 20% (still 28% more than pre-Superfluid)
- Scalpel turn rate reduced by 20% (still 28% more than pre-Superfluid)
- Mace turn rate reduced by 6% (still 7% more than pre-Superfluid)
- Range reduced by 1.4%
- Reload increased by 1.2%
- Health 240 -> 260
- Build Power 4 -> 5
Normalised constructor vision ranges.
- Crane 380 -> 375
- Wasp 350 -> 375
- Mariner 325 -> 375
- Weaver 380 -> 375
- Quill 325 -> 300
- Mason 273 -> 300
- Lobster now lobs units directly upwards and adds the horizontal velocity over half a second. This prevents Lobster lobbing lobs into itself.
- Crab no longer stops shooting under heavy fire. It can now fire while curling and uncurling (this was always the case yet nobody seemed to notice).
- Drones now heal at 10 hp/second after 10 seconds of inactivity.
- Metal Extractors and Caretakers are a bit taller and units aim at them higher up.
- Metal Extractors can no longer be built on steep cliffs.
Terraform tends to be more common after interface improvements. Some issues with the current system have been fixed:
- Most units, including vehicle raiders, can shoot into terraformed holes.
- Walls that block particular unit types (bots or vehicles depending on height) are more expensive and look more substantial.
- The area to be terraformed is now marked while constructors spend the base cost of terraform.
- Unburrying enemy units is feasible with overwhelming buildpower.
The details of the fixes are as follows:
- Terraform near an enemy is now 20x slower instead of 50x slower. A bug that caused enemies to fully block terraform has been fixed.
- The angle of terraform supports is now 74 degrees (from 75 degrees).
- The angle of the outer edge of the terraform supports is limited to 22.5 degrees. This raises the height required to block vehicles.
- The angle of the inner edge of a subractive terrafom support is limited to 45 degrees. This rounds the base of terraformed holes, giving units the space to peer into the hole and shoot whatever is at the bottom.
- A small amount of terrain deformation occurs while the base cost of the terraform is being spent.
There is now a keybind system for issuing Level and Raise terraform commands with preset heights.
- Navigate to Hotkeys/Construction/Level or Hotkeys/Construction/Raise in the ingame menu.
- Set the parameters (height and culling) for one of the ten terraform presets.
- Click 'None' and press a key combination.
- Press the key combination to issue a terraform command that is executed after the drawing step - no height selection required.
Ctrl-Click can now be used on the selected unit panel to filter selections in a new way. To use it:
- Select some units.
- Hold Ctrl.
- Left click on some unit potraits (Shift+Click to select all units of a type).
- Release Ctrl.
- The units clicked on while Ctrl was held become the new selection.
- Underwater wreckages bubble instead of smoke.
- Torpdoes and depth charge projectiles are now much easier to see. Hunter was feeling particularly lackluster due to the difficulty in discerning its targets.
- Fixed some technology descriptions in the campaign.
- Fixed Placeholder overkill prevention.
- Djinn no longer teleports units to terrain with an impassible movement modifiers.
- Removed Seawolf impulse. This prevents it from pushing ships out of the water and carrying them on its back.
- Tweak collision volume for Minotaur wreckage and Tidal Generators.
- Envoy and Emissary avoid shooting into terrain (this was intended, the theory being that their cratering was sufficient to break down walls).
- Optimised some parts of healthbar drawing. Fiddled with the settings and made the text fade out at lower zoom levels.
- Fixed Scylla firing more than one tacnuke when the intention was to only fire one.
- Fixed cloak ranges widget crashing when an unseen enemy unit is selected.
- Fixed a crash in the construction height widget related to clicking outside the map.
- Fixed areamex construction ghost positions in the sea.
- Fixed Crane nanospray.
RSS feed | news archive