Drive giant robots, build an army of a thousand Fleas, move mountains if needed, bury the enemy at all cost!
- Real time strategy.
- Physically simulated units and projectiles.
- Terrain manipulation.
- 100+ varied units with unique abilities.
- Singleplayer campaign.
- Challenging, non-cheating AI.
- Multiplayer 1v1 - 16v16, FFA, coop.
- Multiplayer online campaign.
- Really free, no in-game currency, no unfair multiplayer.
Fully Utilized Physics
Simulated unit and projectile physics is used to a level rarely found in a strategy game.
- Use small nimble units to dodge slow moving projectiles.
- Hide behind hills that block weapon fire, line of sight and radar.
- Toss units across the map with gravity guns.
- Transport a battleship to a hilltop - for greater views and gun range.
Manipulate the Terrain
The terrain itself is an ever-changing part of the battlefield.
- Wreck the battlefield with craters that bog down enemy tanks.
- Dig canals to bring your navy inland for a submarine-in-a-desert strike.
- Build ramps, bridges, entire fortress if you wish.
- Burn your portrait into continental crust using the planetary energy chisel.
Singleplayer Campaign and Challenging AI
Enjoy many hours of single player and coop fun with our campaign, wide selection of non-cheating AIs and a survival mode against an alien horde.
- Explore the galaxy and discover technologies in our singleplayer campaign.
- Face a challenging AI that is neither brain-dead nor a clairvoyant cheater.
- Have some coop fun with friends, surviving waves of chicken-monsters.
- Cloaking? Resurrection? Tough choices customizing your commander.
Casual and Competitive Multiplayer
Zero-K was built for multiplayer from the start, this is where you can end up being hooked for a decade.
- Enjoying epic scale combat? Join our 16v16 team battles!
- Looking for a common goal? Fight AIs or waves of chicken-monsters.
- Prefer dancing on a razor's edge? Play 1v1 in ladder and tournaments.
- Comebacks, betrayals, emotions always running high in FFA.
- Want to fight for a bigger cause? Form a clan and join PlanetWars, competitive online campaign with web-game strategic elements, diplomacy and backstabbing.
Power to the People
We are RTS players at heart, we work for nobody. We gave ourselves the tools we always wanted to have in a game.
- Do what you want. No limits to camera, queue or level of control.
- Paint a shape, any shape, and units will move to assume your formation.
- Want to spend more time on tactics? Use construction priorities.
- Want to focus on economy? Order units to kite, strafe or zig zag bullets.
Plenty of Stuff to
Zero-K is a long term project and it shows, millions hours of proper multiplayer testing and dozens of people contributing ever expanding content.
- Learn to use all of our 100+ units and play on hundreds of maps.
- Invent the next mad team-tactics to shock enemies and make allies laugh.
- Combine cloaking, teleports, shields, jumpjets, EMP, napalm, gravity guns, black hole launchers, mind control and self-replication.
- Tiny flea swarm that clings to walls?
Jumping "cans" with steam-spike?
Buoys that hide under water to ambush ships?
Mechs that spew fire and enjoy being tossed from air transports?
Carrier with cute helicopters?
Jumping Jugglenaut with dual wielding gravity guns?
Meet them in Zero-K!
Zero-K v188.8.131.52 - Sea and Rogue Fix
- Cost 4K -> 5K
- HP 12K -> 8K
- Reload time 10s -> 15s (DPS 450 -> 300)
- Cost 220 -> 240
- Speed 3.2 -> 2.7
- Damage 512 -> 234
- Reduced spray angle and projectiles per shot.
- Reload time (for each shotgun) 2.4s -> 2.0s
- Slightly increased size.
- Reload time 1.5s -> 2.0s
- Range 330 -> 260
- Damage 34 -> 35
- Increased model and collision size by a bit less than 50%.
- Damage 280 -> 200 per rocket.
- Health 4000 -> 3750
- Health 2500 -> 2000
- Fixed the bug that prevented the projectile speed buff from 170 -> 200 taking effect.
- Health 570 -> 580
- Speed 3.9 -> 3.85
Increased Gremlin DPS by 5.4%.
- Cost 400 -> 380.
- Damage 220 -> 260.
- Projectile velocity increased 22%.
- Health 650 -> 720
- Possibly increased the spray angle of its bombs.
Early Engineer commander nerfs:
- Level 1 buildpower 12 -> 10. Other levels are unchanged so you now consistently gain 2 BP per level up to 20.
- Build range 250 -> 220 but with a bonus of +12 per level up to a maximum of 280.
- Build range 128 -> 144
Sight range buffs:
- Dirtbag 300 -> 350
- Mason 255 -> 273
- Welder 280 -> 300
Added overkill prevention for Stinger and Grizzly.
- Reduced Grizzly laser brightness.
- Reduced some spider reply volumes.
- Fixed some burst damage displays on the UI.
- Moved HUD skin options to advanced options.
- Selection rank now only inherits through commander morph.
- Updated old avatars.
- Fixed some units failing to fire at wrecks (such as Tremor).
- Locust fire angle 90 -> 135
- Optimized Tremor.
- Fixed Adv. Radar animation.
- Fixed the double cloak cost bug.
- Fixed Solar AI.
- Fixed overhead icons for captured units.
Zero-K v184.108.40.206 - Rabbit Hole of Balance
Units can now be force fired at trees, rocks and wrecks to clear paths and deny reclaim.
- Auto regen +30 -> +20
- DPS reduced by 7.2%
- Auto regen +10 -> +15
- Burn time lots -> 5s.
- Damage 120 -> 150.
- Ground fire DPS increased by 25%.
- Removed unique EMP explosion as it is often detrimental.
- Normal damge 170 -> 200
- Reload time 2.6 -> 2.7 (old value was 3)
- Health 1650 -> 1850
- Increased burn chance from 10% to 40%.
Made puppies not terrible:
- Removed goo inefficiency (goo cost 75m -> 50m).
- Health 9000 -> 8400
- Now hits, even if it misses (like Ripper).
- Increased Flamethrower burn chance to 40%.
- Build power module nerfed from 5bp to 4bp.
- Increased Flamethrower burn chance to 40%.
- Engineer commander now aims prior to firing, resulting in a slightly longer effective unpack time.
- Reload time 2.4 -> 2.6 (pre-buff was 2.8)
Personal shields now start at 100% charge. This affects some shieldbots and commanders.
- Fencer now uses its limited AI to keep away from Ogre (default off).
- Units no longer try to jink around Kodachi.
- Kodachi tries to keep at maximum range against more types of unit.
- Added 'Edit Behaviour' to space+click menu opens the initial unit states menu entry for the unit.
- Fixed random startboxes.
- Fixed Welder firing jerkyness.
- Fixed enemy cloak visual error.
- Fixed projectile lights stacking issue.
- Fixed pause button issue.
- Fixed rare Raven issue that could cause it to be stuck low.
- Fixed Cutter Debris size.
March 3rd 2v2 Tournament and Zero-K v220.127.116.11 - Tank Buffs
In Zero-K v18.104.22.168 we address the rocky Tank earlygame. Welder should now live up the the name 'Armed Constructor' and their raiders should be a bit better at contesting the map. Thunderbirds are also slightly nerfed and there are many fixes.
- Cost 250 -> 220
- Health 1900 -> 2000 (nice round numbers)
- DPS 42.8 -> 90
- Range 220 -> 240
- Cost 180 -> 160
- Increased accuracy.
- Increased weapon velocity and arc slightly, probably cancels out.
- Damage 190 -> 170
- Reload time 3s -> 2.6s
- Cost 550 -> 500
- Damage 81.5 -> 90
- Cost 500 -> 450
- Rearm time 5s -> 15s
- Level 4 morph cost 400 -> 600.
- High Powered Servos effect 10% -> 8%.
Fixed an interaction between EMP+damage weapons and disarm. Disarm is intended to be pushed up by EMP, or, equivalently, every EMP weapon is supposed to behave as if it also deals disarm damage. This was working as intended for pure EMP weapons but not for weapons which also deal a bit of normal damage.
- Fixed Fencer missile smoke.
- Decloak is now drawn faster.
- Enemy units fade away on cloak instead of suddenly disappearing.
- Improved Kodachi ground fire effect. Increased the size of the effect to more accurately portray the danger zone.
- Grizzly can no longer walk backwards.
- CAI no longer produces gravity gun units (to 'fix' overzealous recursion detection).
- Fixed Raven dive against speed module commanders.
- Fixed AI names in endgame graphs.
- Endgame graph no longer appears in coop campaign when the host leaves (for SP consistency).
- Fixed some rare bugs related to orphaning of Missile Silo and Starlight children.
- Fixed Jack and Scythe(and Dirtbag) attack range movement behaviour.
- Fixed units getting stuck on poorly shaped factories, such as the Rover factory.
- Fixed the weird decloak behaviour seen over the past few days. This was due to engine changes.
RSS feed | news archive