Drive giant robots, build an army of a thousand Fleas, move mountains if needed, bury the enemy at all cost!
- Real time strategy.
- Physically simulated units and projectiles.
- Terrain manipulation.
- 100+ varied units with unique abilities.
- Singleplayer campaign.
- Challenging, non-cheating AI.
- Multiplayer 1v1 - 16v16, FFA, coop.
- Multiplayer online campaign.
- Really free, no in-game currency, no unfair multiplayer.
Fully Utilized Physics
Simulated unit and projectile physics is used to a level rarely found in a strategy game.
- Use small nimble units to dodge slow moving projectiles.
- Hide behind hills that block weapon fire, line of sight and radar.
- Toss units across the map with gravity guns.
- Transport a battleship to a hilltop - for greater views and gun range.
Manipulate the Terrain
The terrain itself is an ever-changing part of the battlefield.
- Wreck the battlefield with craters that bog down enemy tanks.
- Dig canals to bring your navy inland for a submarine-in-a-desert strike.
- Build ramps, bridges, entire fortress if you wish.
- Burn your portrait into continental crust using the planetary energy chisel.
Singleplayer Campaign and Challenging AI
Enjoy many hours of single player and coop fun with our campaign, wide selection of non-cheating AIs and a survival mode against an alien horde.
- Explore the galaxy and discover technologies in our singleplayer campaign.
- Face a challenging AI that is neither brain-dead nor a clairvoyant cheater.
- Have some coop fun with friends, surviving waves of chicken-monsters.
- Cloaking? Resurrection? Tough choices customizing your commander.
Casual and Competitive Multiplayer
Zero-K was built for multiplayer from the start, this is where you can end up being hooked for a decade.
- Enjoying epic scale combat? Join our 16v16 team battles!
- Looking for a common goal? Fight AIs or waves of chicken-monsters.
- Prefer dancing on a razor's edge? Play 1v1 in ladder and tournaments.
- Comebacks, betrayals, emotions always running high in FFA.
- Want to fight for a bigger cause? Form a clan and join PlanetWars, competitive online campaign with web-game strategic elements, diplomacy and backstabbing.
Power to the People
We are RTS players at heart, we work for nobody. We gave ourselves the tools we always wanted to have in a game.
- Do what you want. No limits to camera, queue or level of control.
- Paint a shape, any shape, and units will move to assume your formation.
- Want to spend more time on tactics? Use construction priorities.
- Want to focus on economy? Order units to kite, strafe or zig zag bullets.
Plenty of Stuff to
Zero-K is a long term project and it shows, millions hours of proper multiplayer testing and dozens of people contributing ever expanding content.
- Learn to use all of our 100+ units and play on hundreds of maps.
- Invent the next mad team-tactics to shock enemies and make allies laugh.
- Combine cloaking, teleports, shields, jumpjets, EMP, napalm, gravity guns, black hole launchers, mind control and self-replication.
- Tiny flea swarm that clings to walls?
Jumping "cans" with steam-spike?
Buoys that hide under water to ambush ships?
Mechs that spew fire and enjoy being tossed from air transports?
Carrier with cute helicopters?
Jumping Jugglenaut with dual wielding gravity guns?
Meet them in Zero-K!
1v1 Tournament February 3rd 2018
Expensive factories and engine update
We have recently updated the engine to 104.0.1-151-g11de57d and it seems to be working. The main change is a fix to a memory corruption issue which was likely responsible for many desyncs and crashes. Thanks to everyone for testing, hokomoko for fixing adoption issues and the engine devs for the continued updates.
Lastly, the 1v1 matchmaker pool has been modified. Read more about it here https://zero-k.info/Forum/Thread/24694
Zero-K v188.8.131.52 - Amphbots and Lobsters
Added Amphibious 'artillery', the Lobster.
- Uses nearby units as ammo, launching them at its target.
- 340 cost.
Removed the water tank mechanic from Archer. Now it constantly fires at full capacity.
Slow waves no longer deal damage to ally units in order to buff Limpet and for consistency with Outlaw. This affects Limpet, Commander Slowbomb and Disco Rave Party.
- Health 950 -> 780
- Reload 6s -> 7s
- Timer 8s -> 9s
Siren main gun reload time 2s -> 3s.
Gunships now ram and climb cliffs instead of teleporting to the top.
- Made overdrive not spend all excess energy unless every player has full storage. Hold back some energy from overdrive to be given to players who have less energy income and energy in storage than their teams average spare energy.
- FFA maps now default to shuffle even when played with 2 teams.
- The default Ctrl+Z hotkey no longer ignores builders. Settings for current players are unaffected.
- Allies now have more vivid and distinct teamcolours in small teams.
- Energy economy breakdown now shows overall overdrive efficiency.
- Added a large cursors option, mostly for an issue with 4k screens.
- Structure terraform up/down mouse hold very slightly more lenient with regard to movement.
- Added Artemis to Unit Marker.
- Made all units easier to select, particularly factories.
- Rearranged the ingame menu. Most importantly, moved Hotkeys and Unit Behaviour to root. Fleshed out the simple settings menu.
- Commander shock rifle now shows directional particles (same as Phantom sniper).
- Fixed Crab attack jittering issues (#2693).
- Fixed icon distance settings being overridden to the default (#2715).
- Fixed a rare resource bar crash at game start (#2692, #2252).
- Fixed Gesture menu hold threshold being 0.5s if you set it to 1.0s (#2679).
- Fixed startbox editor crash (#2694).
- Fixed Gesture menu preventing minimap clicks (#2677).
- Fixed extraneous lobby button when there is no lobby (#2127).
- Fixed the language list being spammed with untranslated languages (#2614).
- Fixed Quake enabling buildings to be stacked in the same spot (#2650).
- Fixed Libyan flag being the old green one.
Campaign Week 12 - Superweapons
As always, post feedback here: http://zero-k.info/Forum/Thread/24642
RSS feed | news archive